Accoya® wood is modified from the surface to the core; therefore, every piece of Accoya® is consistent. The BBA assessed material does not require any chemical preservatives to be applied when cut or planed.
- Swelling and shrinkage reduced by 75% or more
- Doors and windows open effortlessly year round
- Reduced maintenance costs
Accoya® is the best wood for windows and external wooden doors as it is guaranteed not to rot or noticeably swell for at least 50 years. Accoya® is more durable and stable than all the other joinery woods, surpassing even teak.
- Lasting 50 years above ground, 25 years in ground/freshwater Class 1 durability,
- Virtually rot proof
- 70 year minimum service life stated by TRADA
Accoya® wood windows and doors deliver long term performance and with better thermal values, provide cost savings through energy reductions. By investing in high performance windows and doors, it can add value to your home.
- Improved stability means coatings last up to two times longer
- Easier to coat, less preparation and sanding required
Factory applied paint coatings last longer on Accoya® wooden windows and external timber doors. Typically double the maintenance interval of traditional painted windows
Accoya® wood is a naturally beautiful material easily used to replace windows, timber sash windows, historic and contemporary windows and doors. A full range of colours can be applied in the factory prior to delivery to meet the design requirements.
Accoya® is 100% non-toxic and produced from FSC® timber. Accoya® wood achieved the Gold standard in Cradle to Cradle assessment. The sustainability of wood varies, but the certifications that Accoya has been awarded provides assurance that our product is truly sustainable.
- From FSC® and other regionally certified woods
- Naturally renewable
- Excellent Machinability
- Insect Barrier
For further information please download the official Accoya data sheets below
(e brochure click link)